Remote control via LANC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 4th, 2005, 10:05 AM   #1
Tourist

Remote control via LANC

Did any one "tested" the LANC connection ?
I tried to use a Giottos remote control but it does nothing. As you can check, there is a big price difference between Giottos,Manfrotto,Varyzoom and other; so I'ld like some suggestions before spending much money.
Thanks.
Roberto Cetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

With which lens, Roberto? It makes a difference.

Also, I just looked up the Giottos RC-2020 controller at B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=318615

Man, that's a thirty-dollar item and very often you get what you pay for. At the very least, I'd recommend the Canon ZR-1000 at $180, or any of the Bogen / VariZoom / Zoe controllers. Yes they are more expensive but they are well worth their weight in gold.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #3
Trustee

Hi Roberto,
I got the ZR-1000 recently from B&H and very glad I did. I tried in frustration to focus shift mid-shot for a project - thinking if I was really really careful, it would work - it never did because the slightest touch of my hand to the focus ring was clearly evident in the footage. - so I plunked down for the ZR-1000 - no more problems - I can get what I want and it works great.
-J.
Jonathan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #4
Tourist

giottos

hi Chris,
I have the "standard" 20x lens package. The problem with the Giottos 2020 (bought at B&H !) is that it does really nothing ! I checked with a digital camera and it seems to work well. I agree with your sentence, but I don't undertand the real differences between this products other than exterior. I think that the electronic is very poor inside this controller.
thanks for your suggestions !
Roberto Cetta is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders