Trouble Mounting CH-910 on XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 13th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Trouble Mounting CH-910 on XL2

Could someone please clue me in on the correct way to mount the CH-910 dual battery charger on the adapter plate of the XL2? I've searched the posts and found a few people were haveing the same probelm, but no real answers.

I've attached the stud plates to the adapter plate as shown on page 8 of the XL2 manual. Beyond that, I can find no instructions on the proper way to attach the charger to the studs. The belt clip is attached to the CH-910 and will partially slip over the top two studs, but the bottom single stud just seems to get in the way. When I removed this single stud plate the CH-910 attaches but is very loose.

Also, how is the hook on the adapter plate supposed to come into play? I can't find anyplace for it to hook onto the CH-910.

I figure this is going to be one of those really simple things I just can't see right now. Thanks for any help.

Kevin
Kevin Brumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:20 AM   #2
Trustee

Kevin,
Here are a few links to images that might help. It is hard to describe exactly but one of the posts actually protrudes out beyond the edge of the back plate. It doesn't seem right but it works. I had to have the good people over at ZGC help me when I first got mine too!

Thanks,
Marty

http://www.iciclestudios.com/images/xl2/1.jpg
http://www.iciclestudios.com/images/xl2/2.jpg
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

THAT'S IT! Thanks Marty, the pictures really helped. I knew it had to be something simple, but you just can't tell from the instructions.

Thanks again,

Kevin
Kevin Brumfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders