Firewire Connection intermittent at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old October 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #1
New Boot

Firewire Connection intermittent

Hello out there!
I am using an XL2 with a Macbook OS 10.4.11 connected through Firewire. The problem is iMovie only recognizes that the camera is connected intermittently. Once established it stays but initially its only sometimes. The firewire port is fine and works well with my XTHD and I used another cable with the same problem. I have shut down the computer and the camera several times and tried connecting and disconnecting in all different sequences. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Steve Barazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Are you connected directly to your Mac via Firewire, or is it running through an external Firewire hard drive's port? Canon cameras are well known to not "play nice" with Firewire especially if there are other Firewire drives in the chain.
Ryan Chaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders