$ Cost of Back focus adjustment at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old October 19th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #1
New Boot

$ Cost of Back focus adjustment

Hello out there!
I recently started having problem with my XL2 (std 20X lens) back focus. Pull in tight, focus and pull out wide, camera will not hold critical focus. Bigger problem is the camera is out of warranty! Has anyone had this done and know how much this repair costs at Canon?

Thanks
Steve Barazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 04:42 AM   #2
Regular Crew

$ Cost of Back focus adjustment

Hi,

I don't know if this will help you because I come from Poland but more than year ago Canon service center charged me about 210$. However, I calculated this price basing on recent rates of exchange (low rates for U.S dollars), meaning that I paid more then.

Anyway, the adjustment was expensive - imagine that it would take a little bit more than half of monthly earnings for people working below the country's average.

Take care
Piotr
Piotr Zubik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders