Mack international warranty ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old July 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mack international warranty ?

Have any of you guys had any experiance with the Mack world wide extended warranty that video camera outlets offer, especialy internet sales companies.They sound like a good deal ,but do they come to the party when a claim is made,and how efficiant are they .I will be traveling overseas quite a bit so I would be interested to hear from people who have dealt with this subject. Joe
Joe Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Barker
Have any of you guys had any experiance with the Mack world wide extended warranty that video camera outlets offer, especialy internet sales companies.They sound like a good deal ,but do they come to the party when a claim is made,and how efficiant are they .I will be traveling overseas quite a bit so I would be interested to hear from people who have dealt with this subject. Joe
Excellent question - I'm planning an XL2 purchase in the not too distant future and would love to shop one of the sponsors of this very forum. Unfortunatley I'm in Canada and they're all in the States. Canon Canada tells me that they won't touch a unit for waranty service that was purchased from a web supplier in the States even if that supplier is an authorized Canon dealer, that any service would require sending the unit back to the States to Canon USA. I understand their reasoning but frankly I don't buy it - as far as I'm concerned, as a consumer, Canon is Canon is Canon no matter where they are in the world. They're all owned by the same holding company and Canon USA and Canon Canada are separate companies only as a convenient legal fiction created for tax purposes. I'm not doing business with Joe Importer, I'm doing business with Canon Corporate when I buy something with their name on it. No matter where I purchase the camera I should be able to present it to any Canon owned facility anywhere in the world and have it accepted for service. OH well, so much for the way the world *should* be, guess we have to live with it the way it is. So I'm looking forward to hearing what you turn up.

Rant mode off.......
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2005, 01:34 PM   #3
Tourist

Check out the feedback from folks who have bought Mack warranties

Before buying one of these Mack warranties you might want to read some of the feedback over on photo.net from users who have had to deal with this company...

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/view-o...+Video+Service

Best regards,
Conrad

Ottawa, ON
Conrad Whittall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders