Blue Barn Pictures XL2 Presets Manager discussion thread - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 31st, 2005, 12:59 PM   #46
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Fisher
Since us Mac users cannot currently use the Blue Barn software, are these presets listed anywhere in a printable form so that I may input them manually?
Evan,

The presets are stored here in a format with the suffix labeled .bbp (Blue Barn Pictures). The .bbp files can be opened with Textpad on Windows machines and I can remember what the Mac equivilent to Texpad or Wordpad is, but almost any text editor should work.
Old August 31st, 2005, 01:05 PM   #47

Evan,

Look for "Simple Text" on your Mac!

- - - - - - -

On another note. I've been using this (on my Sony Vaio) for saving presets and I think its awesome. I'm pretty new to this, but can't help to think how many 1,000's of hours this will save XL2 users. Not to mention the creativity it may encourage as a result of making the presets so easy AND QUICK to enter and archive. Thanks again Blue Barn.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 11:45 AM   #48
New Boot

Presets compatable with PAL XL2?

When a preset e.g 24p if loaded to a PAL XL2, would it cause undesirable results.
Terry Yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 11:56 AM   #49
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Yuen
When a preset e.g 24p if loaded to a PAL XL2, would it cause undesirable results.
I don't think that any of the settings stored in the custom presets are "PAL" or "NTSC" specific.....so I would guess no problems. You are really just manipulating how it handles and processes colors and gamma.....but not motion. So there are no 24P 30P or 60i settings stored in these templates. Those settings are hardwired to the physical knob on the XL2.

Anyone agree or disagree?
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM   #50
Obstreperous Rex

Agreed. There should be no issue at all in using the Presets Manager with a PAL XL2. The five pages of Custom Preset menu items are identical between the PAL and NTSC versions, and there is no difference in the FireWire connection.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #51
New Boot

I'm having trouble using this program. Every time I try to make it read the camera presets it causes a runtime error and the program shuts down. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just my computer?
Michael Guarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2005, 08:23 PM   #52
Obstreperous Rex

Are you certain that your XL2 is connected in the Ext. Cont. power mode?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2005, 01:51 AM   #53
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Guarino
I'm having trouble using this program. Every time I try to make it read the camera presets it causes a runtime error and the program shuts down. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it just my computer?
You could check to make sure the the device driver is installed properly. Point it to the C:\Program Files\BlueBarnPictures\Camera Storage 1394 WIA Driver
Old September 13th, 2005, 08:50 AM   #54
Regular Crew

Well, thanks to the folks on DV Info Net and this thread I started to really monkey with my presets. I've been using those that I downloaded from Blue Barn as a place to start and have made some modifications to some of the presets for some looks that I like. Unfortunately, my presets library is growing and managing them manually is a pain. Please Blue Barn, please. We need a version for Mac.
Old September 13th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #55
Major Player

Evan,

Are you willing to share any of the presets you've tweaked and saved?

If so, just open the .bbp file with a text editor, copy the contents to the clipboard, and then paste the contents into this thread. That way anyone else can copy the contents out to their text editor, save the file with the .bbp suffix and load the preset to their cam (mine included).

Thanks in advance!

Patrick
Old September 13th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #56
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
Are you certain that your XL2 is connected in the Ext. Cont. power mode?
100% certain.
Old September 13th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #57
New Boot

Quote:
You could check to make sure the the device driver is installed properly. Point it to the C:\Program Files\BlueBarnPictures\Camera Storage 1394 WIA Driver
How could I go about changing that?

Thanks.
Old September 13th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #58
New Boot

When you connect your XL2 to your computer and turn the power to on, you will see a dialogue box 'hardware found' and finally installing the driver...'windows cannot find the ...' at this point you should click browse and point to the C:\Program Files\BlueBarnPictures\Camera Storage 1394 WIA Driver
Old September 14th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #59
New Boot

Quote:
When you connect your XL2 to your computer and turn the power to on, you will see a dialogue box 'hardware found' and finally installing the driver...'windows cannot find the ...' at this point you should click browse and point to the C:\Program Files\BlueBarnPictures\Camera Storage 1394 WIA Driver
Ahh I see. I usually press cancel when that happens, but thanks alot, it works like a charm now!

~Mike
Old September 24th, 2005, 08:53 AM   #60
Regular Crew

Blue Barn

Hi
I am keep getting these error messages when trying to use it.

I get them when I start it or try to read the presest or load a preset.

Thank you
Kalil Jalili is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders