LANC controller at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 10th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Regular Crew

LANC controller

I wonder if anyone can help me please?.

I needed nothing more than a remote stop/start for my xl2 and so bought this controller

It works fine on an XM1 (GL1), XL1 and Sony PC9E but does not work at all on my XL2, does anyone know if this does indeed work on the XL2? or do I have a faulty lanc port!!

Thanks
Sonny Horsfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2005, 04:07 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Sonny,

Most likely the problem in your case is in incompatibility between the XL2 and this particular controller. I say this because your Jessops controller appears to be physically identical to the Giottos controller (in other words, these two brands are exactly the same thing, just labeled with different marques).

Awhile back we had a report of an incompatbility with an XL2 and the Giottos controller:

See http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=44045

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 06:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I must have missed that one, I thought I had looked first!.

Many thanks Chris, at least I don't have to worry about the camera!. It is the same device, I had looked before I bought it to see if it was going to work but could not find the answer (didn't look hard enough obviously) but did come across the Giottos controller.

At least when I tell her who must be obeyed I need to spend some more money, I can blame you!, not that it's your fault but your far enough away not to worry about it.

Again thanks, also for this great resource.
Sonny Horsfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 06:47 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

No worries, Sonny -- go ahead and blame me, it's a long way across the pond over here.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Get the VZRock from VariZoom. It rocks! Sorry, I couldn't resist, but is really is a kick-ass tool. You get what you pay for.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders