Low Light with XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old March 14th, 2011, 02:16 AM   #1
New Boot

Low Light with XL2

I use my camera for alot of indoor rollerskating events. I would like to know if there is a set of settings that will work best for indoor action? From what I am told, and what I have experienced this camera doesnt exactly shine in the low light situations. So if any of you pro's know how to make the XL2 work in these conditions I would greatly appreciate the input!
Daniel Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Low Light with XL2

Search this forum under advanced search, typing in among other heavy hitters Ash Greyson's name. He talks alot about low light settings.
Gary Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
The XL2 is actually better in low light than it gets credit for. I have a low-light setting I will look up for you later but off the top of my head.... set the color settings to NORMAL, not CINE, set the blacks to stretch, turn UP the set-up level and the Master Pedestal. Also, bump up the coring and turn NR to medium.

This setting will need a contrast adjustment in post but will provide fairly clean images is fairly low light.

ash =o)
Find it in

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl...tml#post375569
Norbert Holzmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbert Holzmann View Post
Try it on my XL2 with 16x Manual lens. Works fine :)
Norbert Holzmann is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders