DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Importing the audio channels (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/52685-importing-audio-channels.html)

Antony Quintin October 13th, 2005 04:01 AM

Importing the audio channels

Hello,

I recorded on the XL2 on 3 channels, 1 and 2 as normal and I had a radio mic on channel 3.

I have tried to capture the footage and audio into premiere pro, but I can not get channel up?? to hear it???

anyone know what I am doing wrong??

thanks

Rey Soares March 3rd, 2006 02:55 PM

Importing audio using FC - not working

Hey you.
I am facing similar problem, when importing audio recorded with wireless mic to Final Cut Express.
I know the audio has been recorded on the tape, but can not get it in the Final Cut. Please help me, if you could

Jonathan Jones March 3rd, 2006 04:07 PM

Unless you are using Scenelyzer on the PC, pretty much all other NLE's that I know of will require you to run a 2nd pass with tk 3/4 settings in order to capture dedicated audio from tracks 3 & 4. Others might allow it, but I don't know of them. Generally, you will be required to altar the capture settings and then run the tape on a second pass (even if only just to capture the audio.)
-Jon

Miguel Lombana March 3rd, 2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony Quintin
Hello,

I recorded on the XL2 on 3 channels, 1 and 2 as normal and I had a radio mic on channel 3.

I have tried to capture the footage and audio into premiere pro, but I can not get channel up?? to hear it???

anyone know what I am doing wrong??

thanks

Jonathan is correct, use Scenalyzer, if you don't have it yet, just plunk down the 40 bucks or whatever and do it, it does a much better job of capturing and most important keeping the audio insync which is something for for some reason Premier capture has trouble with.

Just remember to check the box for 2nd audio channels in the configuration and have it create a seperate audio file, when you import the video into Premier, just also import the 2nd .wav file with the channel 3 and 4 audio. This will only require 1 pass, not 2 so you're going to save time and have what you want in the end. Just remember to add a mono audio track to your timeline, for some reason I always forget that step and it drives me nuts when I can't add the mono audio to a stereo track.

Miguel

Bill Zens March 4th, 2006 11:13 AM

Big issue for me as well. You can capture 4 channels with Liquid Edition (Pinnacle or Avid) which I am currently using. I am considering switching over to Vegas, which will require scenealyzer.

Mark Whittle March 20th, 2006 08:56 PM

The Matrox RTX10 & RTX100 let you capture all four channels either via their XTools software or from within Premiere Pro's capture utility.

Only one pass is required.