Big problem with lens warning in XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 8th, 2005, 05:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Big problem with lens warning in XL2

I own a Canon XL2 and it suddenly started displaying the message "Check the lens". I changed the lens, and started to work fine again. But half an hour later it started with the same message "Check the lens" and suddenly the image in the viewfinder is black and appears in red letters "Lens". I cannot record a thing.

Please Help !!!
Old November 8th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Hernandez-Stumpfhauser
I own a Canon XL2 and it suddenly started displaying the message "Check the lens". I changed the lens, and started to work fine again. But half an hour later it started with the same message "Check the lens" and suddenly the image in the viewfinder is black and appears in red letters "Lens". I cannot record a thing.

Please Help !!!
Try powering off the unit and removing both batteries (main and internal) cycle power to the unit to discharge residual energy.

Now remove the lens and I like to point the camera down to keep dust from getting in there. Inspect the mounting ring on both the lens and the camera, make sure there is nothing foreign covering the lens mount, you can also clean this area with a soft DRY cloth. Finally re-install the lens as directed in the manual RED dot to RED dot and turn to CLICK.

Get the backup battery back in the unit, the main battery on the cam and see if this fixes it. If NOT you might have a unit that has to go back to Canon. This message is noted in the manual on page 107.

Miguel
Old November 8th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Problem resolved

Miguel:

Thank you really really much for your help. I did everything you said and the camera works great now! You have saved my life, with all the work I have to do ! Thank you again.

Regards

Manuel

Ps. I also have a wonderful wife to!
Old November 9th, 2005, 10:00 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Hernandez-Stumpfhauser
Miguel:

Thank you really really much for your help. I did everything you said and the camera works great now! You have saved my life, with all the work I have to do ! Thank you again.

Regards

Manuel

Ps. I also have a wonderful wife to!
gracias hombre, y - anytime!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders