Lens Converter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old December 30th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Lens Converter

On December 25:

Santa fell down my chimney then by using some secret power he extracted his lively little self from the inside of my furnace. Then what to my wondering eyes should appear but a new Lens Converter under my tree. Proof that indeed Santa knows exactly what all little boys and girls want/need for Christmas. Further proof that my wife and santa are good friends.

Has anyone used the converter with other than Canon lenses. I have a number of lenses by others i.e. Sigma that work very well on my Canon D20 stills camera.

I'd hate like heck to be the one to find out no they don't work but fry innards in your XL2

Brian
Brian McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #2
Trustee

If you are talking about the Canon EF adapter XL, I can confirm that it is compatible with all EF-lenses that have the Canon SLR mount (all EF-lenses that fit your Canon 20D)

Personally I have the same SLR as you (20D), and I am using my ef-lenses with my XL-2 as well. I have both Canon and Sigma lenses.

Note that the IS will not work when using your ef-lenses with your XL-2!

You may also look at this tread for more supplementary comments:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=56204

- Per Johan
Per Johan Naesje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Per:

Exactly what I wanted to conform before trying it out.

Excellent news!!!!

Brian
Brian McKay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders