Bracket for my Senn.Radio Mic. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old April 18th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bracket for my Senn.Radio Mic.

Hi, I've got a XL1S with the Ma-200, shoulder support, come Audio adapter.I'm going to upgrade to a XL2, next week. So, the Ma-300 is the adapter I need Is that right?, because I don't see how I can attach my receiver to it. I've tried searching for the answer, other than "velcro and elastic bands" I don't know how I'm going to do it. It's prabably so simple. I've missed it completely! Please can some one put me right?

Hopefull Michael.

Last edited by Michael Cassidy; April 18th, 2006 at 02:56 PM.
Michael Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Trustee

Michael,
I bought the bracket for the dual battery charger, and put a piece of velcro on the front side.Another piece on the back of the g2 receiver, and it's right in place.
If you're confused, you can call me and I'll explain further.
Bruce Yarock
954-430-1616
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Bruce, so I'll get the "ch-910 charger", I still have to get the Ma-300, as well don't I? or is that not neccessary? Thanks again.
Michael
Mike Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #4
Trustee

You don't need the charger, just the bracket for it. I don't know if it's available seperately, but that's all you need.
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #5
Wrangler

The XL-2 includes a mounting bracket on the rear for a wireless receiver, the dual battery holder, Anton Bauer adapter, etc. XLR jacks are already built in to the camera.

The MA-300 is meant for the intelligent shoe and was more for the GL-2 series camcorder but will function on the XL2 since it has the same intelligent shoe. The only use for the MA-300 on the XL2 would be to gain 4 XLR inputs but to use all four simultaneously, you would have to drop down to 12bit/32khz audio.

I suggest you not order anything until your XL-2 is in your hands and you can see what additional audio capabilities you need.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi, thanks for putting me right on those points. Yes, best to hold fire, till I get my hands and on the Camera, before ordering anything I'll never use!

Cheers, Mike.
Old April 19th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #7
Regular Crew

no need for the 300.

Mike,
you don't need the 300, and i have the XL2 as well along with two Seinheiser wireless mics. i attached two pieces of velco to the back of the batteries and my transmitter pack as well. All i have to do is attach the mics to the battery pack and that's it. It works like a charm! I had the setup on my XL1, but now i have the XL2.
Gregory Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks Greg, I was worrying over nothing, glad it's going to be less expensive than with XL1S!
Mike
Old April 19th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Mike,
i LOVE the camera! We were going to get the XL H1, but none of our clients have the proper HD setup to display anything so why bother right now. Maybe in a year or two we will make the jump to HD, but as it stands right now there isn't it is not cost effective for the acquisition right now. I love the look of the XL2 and we are even considering purchasing another one as well.
Gregory Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:54 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Got my new Canon XL2 cameras' on Friday, used them yesterday. What a difference in Quality, to my XL1S, for once I've done the right thing! Makes my old footage look like ancient archive stuff!
Now to read the instruction book, and read all the great info. on here!
Thanks again, Mike.
Mike Cassidy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders