Music Video and Short Movie for a week!!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 31st, 2006, 06:42 PM   #16
Regular Crew

LOOKS GREAT. You mentioned that it was shot in 25p. I've goten some nice looking footage with my xl2 24p. But, yours looks so much crisper. was wondering if that is the differance between 25p & 24p? I';ve been told that 25p is what 20percent more resolution than 24p?
Joseph Andolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 12:23 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Ths plot is about a lawyer (woman) and her clinet.

Here are the complete dialogues:

WOMAN: The State against the defendant Mr.De Nova, born in Milan guilty of A) articles 81, 594 1st comma and 612 1st comma p.c. because, executing actions stemming by a criminal intent offended the honour of Mrs. Martinelli and menaced her he would give her an unfair damage using the following sentences : “dirty bitch you’ll see”.

B) because first he slammed her face and then he pushed her making fall her…

MAN: Miss ...Bullshit, it was just an argument between husband and wife as hundreds do… the problem, dear lawyer is that the police believed to my wife's story…
…but I didn't do anythiing of this but a plenty of stupid things…

W: making fall her to the ground, this brought to Mrs. Claudia Martinelli bruises from which there was a sickness of 10 days.
Milan, February, 22nd 2006

Results stemming from the emergency room of San Paolo di Milano hospital February 22nd
Request of quoting the following sentences:
Mrs. Martinelli, as the person who received the previous written offences and Mrs. Lotti, as the person who is the offende person's neighbour in correlation to the offences named at the point A.

This is the situation…

M: Look, I don't agree at all, this story is madness, it didn't happen absolutely anything but above all I'm not guilty of anything and keep in mind, If I thought to be guilty I would have talked to my lawyer, I wouldn't have accepted an office lawyer. Neither I looked for you nor I need your defence in all this bullshit

W: Now, first of all this is not the right way to say things

M: You tell me which is the proper way…

W: This is not the right way to solve this situation ... the situation is serious…

M: Serious?... serious what?... Bullshit!... I don't know what kind of trials you always deal with but in front of you there is not a drugholic or a North African pusher… in front of you there is just a person who had an argument with his wife, full stop. I didn't do anything.

W: Well, at this point if you behave like that it is useless to go on with this ... I'll try to get what I can here and receive a sentence with the minumum given …

M: A sentence? What the hell are you talking about? what sentence? condanna un cazzo, condanna cosa? non solo ho subito quello che ho subito... adesso lei mi parla pure di condanna? Not only I was treated like that ...but you do also talk about a possibler sentence?

Nothing has changed...she still believes to be the pretty rich girl... what a stupid girl... what about you Miss... are you married? Do you have any children?

Well....no...but excuse me it doesn't matter ...

We spent a lot of time together...we had fun... we had our successes--- we had a gorgeous life... that life that so many people dream of and they can see just on tv

And then our marriage, our home, the family and the dog…

I was the first to mess it up... I didn't give a damn so many times... but it was ok...
it was just us... just me and her
all I want is not to be ... alone... again

During an evening she went out, to a show, ...it was her job--- she drank so much that she doesn't remember how many pills she took ... she lost everything we had.... everything she brought inside her...

I was longing so much to have that child...
I thought it was the same for her... but...

and then one evening I come back home, I find her sitting on a couch ....in her hands the medical examinations... and she says...forgive me... No, I can't forgive her...

W: I 'm sorry Francesco...I'll do the best to help you ...

Please correct if there some "strange" english!...

Thanks everybody!

Michele
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:21 AM   #18
New Boot

Michele,

Your English is better than my Italian so you'll receive no corrections from me! Congratulations on your effort...I only wish I knew all your settings and lighting setup!
Guy Krenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:49 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Who needs HD when the XL2 looks sooo good?
Joe Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:32 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Music Video Setup:

Canon XL2 with 20x and 3X lenses
Formatt Matte Box
Tiffen Soft FX 2 filter
2x 2k Arri lights
4x Arri 1k lights
4x Cosmolight (like Ianiro) 1k lights
Light Cinema Dolly with 4 meters rails
Smoke machine

Short Movie Setup:
Canon XL2 with 20x and 3x lenses
Formatt Matte Box
3x 1k Cosmolight (like Ianiro) lights
2x Sennehiser wireless mics G100 (hidden!)

That's all!
Old June 1st, 2006, 03:52 PM   #21
Major Player

nice work indeed...

Both the videos looked excellent. It's great to see what people are achieving with the Canon XL2. The music video was particularly well done. I was reading an article not too long ago that there is a demand for lower budget music videos, particularly since some are aimed directly at the podcast market.

The dramatic video was really cool, but it was too close to Soderbergh for my taste. Great for an imitation excersise, but don't sell you're own creativity short. Is that music from Solaris? If so, be careful. I don't know what your copyright laws are in Italy, or if you got permission to use the track (I noticed there was no credit for music at the end), but it could give you problems if you start distributing the piece. I love Soderbergh's style, and you really did nail it, so good job on that. Nice work!
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:11 PM   #22
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Johnson
Is that music from Solaris?
No, I just meant that the atmosphere and sounds are close.
Go rent solaris, it's great - and camerawork isn't reckless :)
Petri Flander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:25 PM   #23
Major Player

Hey Petri, I wasn't actually referring to your comments at all. I too got the Soderbergh tribute as soon as I watched it, but as the music came on I just thought, "that sounds like the Solaris sound track". That was all. Good question about the DOF, I was wondering too if that was achieved with the 20x lens.
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:02 AM   #24
Regular Crew

I put the final word!...

the music is from Traffic, it's called elicopter...

The shallow depth of field is acheived only with 20x lens...

thanks
Old June 3rd, 2006, 05:28 AM   #25
Major Player

funny, i remember when "sex lies & videotape" was released, and soderbergh was accused of copying other directors' techniques.

michele, thanks for generously sharing all that info. the work is very inspiring.
Henry Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 09:22 AM   #26
New Boot

Sorry, this is likely OT. I had to :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele Lombardo
I put the final word!...
the music is from Traffic, it's called elicopter... thanks
... just reminds me of Wim Wender's hilarious "golden rules"

19. Never fall in love with your temp music.

:) More: http://www.moviemaker.com/issues/61/wenders.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Cho
funny, i remember when "sex lies & videotape" was released, and soderbergh was accused of copying other directors' techniques.
... and this reminded me of Laurent Tirard's book "Moviemakers' masterclass"

Quote: "First of all, they gave me the confidence to see there are scores of ways to make a film. Everyone can approach filmmaking in his or her own way; in fact, everyone should."
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/pro...ion/057121102X

Cheers,

Petri
Petri Flander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM   #27
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele Lombardo
Music Video Setup:

Canon XL2 with 20x and 3X lenses
Formatt Matte Box
Tiffen Soft FX 2 filter
2x 2k Arri lights
4x Arri 1k lights
4x Cosmolight (like Ianiro) 1k lights
Light Cinema Dolly with 4 meters rails
Smoke machine

Short Movie Setup:
Canon XL2 with 20x and 3x lenses
Formatt Matte Box
3x 1k Cosmolight (like Ianiro) lights
2x Sennehiser wireless mics G100 (hidden!)

That's all!
Michele,

Does the same soft FX 2 filter work with both the 20X lens and the wide angle lens? I have just started using them but have to try and apply them to a wide angle lens...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Guy Krenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2006, 05:19 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Hi Guy, yes it's the same Tiffen Soft FX 2 filter used.
Old June 6th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Any chance these could be reposted (no longer availble)? I would really like to see these after reading all the praise.
Chris Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #30
Regular Crew

Sure Chris... I upload them this evening!

Thanks

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders