XL2 16:9 export!? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 10th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

XL2 16:9 export!?

So I have just recently started shooting with the XL2. I shot & edited a short project (2:00) in APPRO 1.5. Now, I would like to export this video as a quicktime file for the web...Ive searched the site on export recommendations but all I can find is for 4:3...A perfect example of what I would like my final file to look like is what Stephen Dempsey (Disjecta) uploads to his site www.pinelakefilms.com. I know those files are 16:9, but the actual display looks much wider than 16:9. I figured out that the actual size of his clips are roughly 600x270. I tried exporting to that size, but never achieved a desirable quality level. Maybe its my compression?
Andrew Brinkhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The videos on the site you referred to are in 2.35:1 or cinemascope, so they are not in 16X9. In adobe premiere pro there are many ways of doing this. I film my stuff in 16X9 and mask the top and the bottom areas. I also use the adobe media encoder with 2 passes to export my videos for online. You can specify the resolution you want and all sorts of other stuff but I usually use the default settings and just change the vertical resolution. Hope this helped.
Alan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

He has is method of exporting using Photozoom he uprezzes his images and it also looks like he changes his curves, his method is on his website. Pinelakefilms.com
Mack Fisher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders