Bad Capture relationship to Final Cut Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 16th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bad Capture relationship to Final Cut Pro

I know we shouldnt be doing this - but our decks have been sent in for repair- so we are using, or WERE using our XL2's to load footage into our post scenario: Final Cut Pro 5.

For whatever reason, the camera's started getting funkĄ with their video output to the software. I blame the cameras as the source because we have now been getting other sony cameras to work well in sending dv signal to the computers.

Its the same problem consistant across 5 mac computers(G4 laptops and G5 quads). .. when I run the tape in the camera, the time code runs acurately in FCP's log and capture window, but the footage does not.. the standard default color bars hold there. . if I go into 'capture now' - the software crashes.

Any clues?
Old August 17th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Are you trying to capture to a firewire drive, trying capturing to an internal drive and see if it crashes. It was reported earlier not to have the camera connected by firewire and a firewire drive connected at the same time.

Hope this is some help

Bob
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2006, 11:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I had that same problem. The sony cameras would work fine but when i wanted to use my xl2, the software would crash. Or if i was using 24p, final cut would tell me the cadence was wrong. Needless to say it was just a setting in final cut. It took me a few hours to figure it out. I don't normally work with final cut, so it's been awhile since i've used it so i can't quite remember what it was. It is a setting with final cut though.

P.S. I might be doing some editing on final cut tomorrow with my xl2, if i come across my settings, i'll let you know. All I can say is just play with the settings and make sure they're correct. I can't promise the settings from final cut, it depends how the shoot goes.

Cheers
Brian Harbauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders