Wedding Reception & Custom Presets at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 22nd, 2006, 04:55 PM   #1
New Boot

Wedding Reception & Custom Presets

Recently enjoyed filimng a wedding for the first time and was very pleased with the performance using Wedding Custom Presets downloaded from this site.

I just wondered whether anyone has settings they could share that they use for an afternoon reception in a hall, and more importantly settings for the first dance/disco on a dark dance floor!

I am a fairly inexperienced XL2 user and have found the custom presets so useful while I get to know the camera.
Julian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Wedding presett

Julian
The Wedding Custom Presets downloaded from this site is fine and can be used any time of the day during the wedding. You can use it for the evening or afternoon reception in a hall, and more importantly for the first dance/disco on a dark dance floor. I use it for weddings and I get very nice footages, outside or inside, day or night.
My advice is make sure you white balance before the pre ceremony (groom or bride's preparations), before the ceremony, before the photo shoot and before the reception. You should also use your GAIN if having difficulty with the lighting conditions. Hope this help. Others can weigh in.
Or by the way there is a section here just for weddings. You will find a lot of helpful infomation there.
Eb
Eb Samba is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders