No Signal to HDTV HELP!!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old December 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

No Signal to HDTV HELP!!!!

For some reason today when I plugged my XL2 into my HDTV it dosnt show a picture. Instead my TV keeps displaying "No Signal". I know the problem isnt with my TV because it is not that advance. I know I have selected the correct input. I am guessing that my XL2 isnt sending a signal out but I dont know why. Its probably a simple fix in the menu that I am over looking. Can anyone help me out.
Alan James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Wrangler

How are you connecting it to your tv? I used to use s-video but you often have to have a live signal coming in before switching the tv to that input or else it will just ignore it.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Remember that there is a tiny switch near the connectors to select which one you are using!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I am using S-Video and I also tried it with RCA. Neither show up. I have used both in the past very easy, just plug and play. I just now downloaded the Blue Barn preset manager and played around with that for a bit then when I tried to plug my camera into the TV and look at what I just created it just displayed "No Signal". I have pluged this camera into my TV hundreds of times before with absolutly no problem. I am wondering if it has somthing to do with the preset manager, but IDK.
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Double check all of your set-ups, it is usually operator error! At least you hope it is!

Mike
Old December 5th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Never mind I just tried it with another camera I had on the same ports and it dosnt work either. My tv must have broken. You know how it is, you have a 4000$ camera and u freak out that it is the broken thing, not ur reasonably replaceable 500$ TV. :-( Hope its still in warranty.
Old December 5th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #7
Major Player

Have you checked that the cable is okay?
I find that cables get trashed pretty quickly when used in the field, even in the edit suite.
Old December 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Yeah I used 3 different cabels and none of them worked. I have now tried it with a few other devices ,DVD player, 2 cameras, VCR (Yes I have a VCR) and none of them work. Ill return the TV this weekend somtime. Thanx for the help though.
Alan James is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders