DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   FCP won't recognize my XL2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/83439-fcp-wont-recognize-my-xl2.html)

Joe Wilson January 8th, 2007 07:22 PM

FCP won't recognize my XL2

FCP's not recognizing my camera. I've seen a few problems like this but I'm not getting a clear answer. What do I do? HELP!

Steve Maller January 8th, 2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Wilson
FCP's not recognizing my camera. I've seen a few problems like this but I'm not getting a clear answer. What do I do? HELP!

Try a different firewire cable.
Try rebooting your Mac.
Try removing other Firewire devices (hard drives, etc).

On my G5 I had horrible problems like this, and I eventually bought a PCI-X Firewire card with three ports and it's been much better. My Mac Pro has been more stable.

Joe Wilson January 22nd, 2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Maller
Try a different firewire cable.
Try rebooting your Mac.
Try removing other Firewire devices (hard drives, etc).

On my G5 I had horrible problems like this, and I eventually bought a PCI-X Firewire card with three ports and it's been much better. My Mac Pro has been more stable.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for responding. Sorry I've been out of town and didn't have a chance to get back.

I've tried it all except the PCI card. Which one would you recommend?

Corey Aumiller January 22nd, 2007 06:45 PM

Don't want to insult...

Hey, i don't want to insult your knowledge of FCP, but have you tried "Refresh Devices" and made sure that in your Preferences, "Mirror on Desktop" is selected? Just a few little things to check before buying a new firewire card!

Joe Wilson January 22nd, 2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey Aumiller
Hey, i don't want to insult your knowledge of FCP, but have you tried "Refresh Devices" and made sure that in your Preferences, "Mirror on Desktop" is selected? Just a few little things to check before buying a new firewire card!

Trust me, you're not insulting my knowledge of FCP since I don't have a lot of it in the first place. So anything that you can tell me is much appreciated. I'll try your suggestions. Thanx.

Joe Wilson January 22nd, 2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Wilson
Trust me, you're not insulting my knowledge of FCP since I don't have a lot of it in the first place. So anything that you can tell me is much appreciated. I'll try your suggestions. Thanx.

Guys got it to work. Disconnected all other firewire devices(lacie hardrive) and everything you guys mentioned. Not sure what really did it but it works now.

Now, where do i store my files, if my Lacie isn't hooked up?

Joe Wilson January 23rd, 2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey Aumiller

Thanks Corey.

Corey Aumiller January 23rd, 2007 06:11 PM

no worries, joe. glad it worked. did you find some space to store footage on one of the hard drives?