Shallow D.O.F with the Canon XL2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old January 31st, 2007, 02:55 AM   #16
Major Player

Actor's lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gonsalves
Matt.....glad you found the link informative.

<Clip DOF...>
Other than a few lines or paraphrasing a script, my talent has to wing his lines because it is impossible for him to read from the teleprompter so far away. I will note that I hate when a person doesn't make I contact with the lense and can be seen reading his/her lines from a cue card to the side of the camera.

So with that in mind, I am interested in hearing how those who use D.O.F. get around this...

Gary
Hi Gary,

I'd have someone recite the words to the talent - the off-camera person reads the script to the talent as follows:

PLAN A:
I'd wire the talent with a wireless lavalier in reverse, giving them the receiver with one of those small earbuds that can't easily be seen. Try a slight side profile with the earbud beyhind the talent's face.

PLAN B:
Crank up the volume with the earbud just under the collar so enough audio propogates enough so the talent can hear the earbud speaker. Then in post, have them do a VO.

PLAN C:
Have the reader speak the lines loud so the talent can easily hear them, again doing VO in post.

Regards, Michael
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders