Multi cam sync at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old January 27th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Multi cam sync

ok so I have an XL2 and GL1, is there a way to get these to sync when I shoot, so I don't have to spend time inpost matching up audio signatures?
Chris Fritsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #2
Major Player

Can you be more specific?

Do you want to record to tape on each one and be able to sync them?

Or do you can to record directly to disk?

If the latter and, if using Windows, you can use our Enosoft DV Processor to synchronously capture from two or more DV devices. They can be connected to the same computer or to separate computers on a local network. Starting capture on one computer will automatically start the other. If you capture to external drives, then it's a simple matter to connect both drivers to your editing machine later.

We have an example clip (heavily compressed to WMV) that shows the output from two camcorders. The audio track is the composite of both - you can hear (actually, you can't!) that the two audio tracks are perfectly sync'd.

(Disclaimer: Artistic content leaves a lot to be desired!)

http://www.enosoft.net/products/enodvproc/RemoteDV.wmv

(The two clips were dropped onto Premiere Pro's timeline as-is, no repositioning).
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

sorry tape on both, but I also i 2 firestore drive, that I could use..just not sure how to sync time code on two seperate cameras for tape recording...I know my XL2 manual says I can do multiple XL2's, but it says nothing about an XL2 and GL-1,

also how would I do it using the Friestore...(other than pushing the record button at the same time)???
Chris Fritsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 11:23 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Chris,

I am in the same boat as you are. I shoot an event on the 17th and will use a xl and a gl to shoot.
I was advised to use a clapper for a spike in audio or shoot of a a strobe light. then use these as your reference points to start you post.

If there is a better way i want to hear it too!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders