A few questions from the new guy. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old February 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #1
Tourist

A few questions from the new guy.

Well I’ve been a lurker for a while now & I just wanted to say thanks for all the great input and insight on the XL2. I finally purchased one the other day and I’m anxiously waiting its arrival and have a few questions. I ordered the CH-910 & a couple of cheapo BP-945s and was wondering what the charge time is from dead to full. I have a Mach 1 charger and just wanted to know if I should order another one and just use those. Also, I’ve been looking into getting the 1.6x extender and wanted to know if it’s good for run & gun type work or should it strictly be used with a tripod?

Thanks,
Jason
Jason Schillereff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

See my article "Canon XL2 Battery Endurance" at http://www.dvinfo.net/canonxl2/articles/article09.php

Strongly recommend a tripod any time you're using the extender. The longer the telephoto, the more difficult it is to hold steady by hand, even with OIS.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks Chris, that's a big help.
Jason
Jason Schillereff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Inner Circle

1.6 extender

Jason,

You will truly enjoy your xl2, money well spent. check out the various presets and try them on for size.

As for the 1.6 extender I would recomend getting an ef adapter and a seperate lens, however that is rather expensive. The extender is alright through about half to 2/3 of its reach. when at full extension it gets soft as all duplex extenders do!!
I was out using mine today and bottom line is it is not sharp enough for the wildlife I film.

It would be great if you could try one out before you spent your hard earned dollars to make sure you are satisfied with the output.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders