Microphone windscreen canon XL at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old March 28th, 2007, 06:13 AM   #1
Trustee

Microphone windscreen canon XL

Hey people....anybody got any good links for microphone windscreens for the XL....UK what be even better? I don't know whther its just my search criteria...but I can't find much at all!

Cheers
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Mat,

have a look here: http://www.rycote.com/

But be prepared. A good quality windscreen might cost you as much as a decent mic.

Rainer
Rainer Hoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat Thompson View Post
Hey people....anybody got any good links for microphone windscreens for the XL....UK what be even better? I don't know whther its just my search criteria...but I can't find much at all!

Cheers
If it's a windscreen for the stock microphone you are looking for, then the Rycote one I went for was part number 033023 which is 10cm large hole softie.

I live just down the road from them and they are an excellent company, very helpful. Their webite is pretty good too (www.rycote.com), use the product selector and that will tell you which systems are available for your mic based on camera (i.e. select Canon, then XL-2).
Declan Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders