UW filming and underground at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 23rd, 2007, 01:06 PM   #1
Major Player

UW filming and underground

Hi, I'm new on this forum so I'll first present my self. I’m a UW filmmaker on the east coast of Sweden. I mainly produce documentary about nature or history (or both). I also film in caves, dry and wet. If you anyone on this forum also produces UW film in caves with a XL2 please let me know and maybe we can share ideas or tips.

My first question:
I am planning right now a film in a cave. That will be some filming in dry and wet (underwater) areas and the cave got dark walls. That is no ambient light… al light will be artificial, but I don’t won’t it to look lighted… Camera adjustments or light tips? Or anything else?
Markus Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 04:41 PM   #2
Major Player

Markus...

Contact Steve Douglas...I'm sure he can give you a world of info.

(from the kenstone.net bio): "Steve Douglas is a certified Apple Pro for Final Cut Pro and underwater videographer. A winner of the 1999 Pacific Coast Underwater Film Competition, 2003 IVIE competition, 2004 Los Angeles Underwater Photographic competition, and the prestigious 2005 International Beneath the Sea Film Competition, where he also won the Stan Waterman Award for Excellence in Underwater Videography and 'Diver of the Year', Steve was a safety diver on the feature film "The Deep Blue Sea", contributed footage to the Seaworld Park's Atlantis production, and a recent History channel MegaDisaster show. Steve is one of the founding organizers of the San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition and leads both underwater filming expeditions and African safaris with upcoming excursions to Kenya, Bali & Komodo, & Lembeh Straits in Indonesia in 2007, the Coco Islands, Costa Rica & Vietnam in 2008 and safari in Africa for 2009."

Jonathan
Jonathan Kirsch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders