The Blackout: Just Wrapped Feature with XLH1 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old March 19th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #61
Regular Crew

Zip-tie to the Rescue / Adapter Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Chartier View Post
I believe the viewfinder issue is one that I've run into several times. the cable actually works itself out of the port on the camera body. If you fully remove it then slowly push it back in , then feel for the snap of the internal locking ring it usually fixes the issue for some time. The main problem is if you look at an XL2 and H1 side by side you will notice that they have the 90 degree cable coming out and going slightly forward on the XL2, the H1 has the 90 degree going straight up, then turning another 90 degrees back out the front. This produces extra stress on the cable under normal use and works the cable out. causing weird viewfinder issues.

Otherwise congrats on the feature, love your work flow. thanks for adding all the details.
I read elsewhere on this forum that a loose viewfinder cable on an FU-1000 caused it to go (and I quote!) "poof!" That morning, a wrapped my FU-1000's cable to the handle with a Zip-tie.

And here's something I learned the hard way: I broke not one, but TWO, shoulder pads while mounting the Canon "Adapter Holder." The threaded sleeves at the top/rear of the shoulder pad, into which you insert two screws to mount the Adapter Holder, are not held in place by much more than thin coatings of plastic. I mightily overtorqued the first one, and that caused the insert to spin and crack the surrounding plastic. Got it repaired at Canon: $292.00. I carefully torqued the replacement, using a thin lock washer as a torque gauge. Guess what? Broke that one, too! ANOTHER $292.00 repair bill!

Anyone else have this happen, or am I just a gorilla? This sure wouldn't have happened on my old Sony DSR-570!
Jeff DePonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #62
Starway Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Warren View Post
I wondering if this is the same movie available on netflix?

Netflix Online Movie Rentals - Rent DVDs, Classic Films to DVD New Releases
Unfortunately, no. That's not my movie.

"The Blackout" will be available internationally and Canada very shortly. U.S. domestic and broadcast is being negotiated right now. Looking at attending Fantastic Fest this year.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #63
Starway Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff DePonte View Post
I read elsewhere on this forum that a loose viewfinder cable on an FU-1000 caused it to go (and I quote!) "poof!" That morning, a wrapped my FU-1000's cable to the handle with a Zip-tie.

And here's something I learned the hard way: I broke not one, but TWO, shoulder pads while mounting the Canon "Adapter Holder." The threaded sleeves at the top/rear of the shoulder pad, into which you insert two screws to mount the Adapter Holder, are not held in place by much more than thin coatings of plastic. I mightily overtorqued the first one, and that caused the insert to spin and crack the surrounding plastic. Got it repaired at Canon: $292.00. I carefully torqued the replacement, using a thin lock washer as a torque gauge. Guess what? Broke that one, too! ANOTHER $292.00 repair bill!

Anyone else have this happen, or am I just a gorilla? This sure wouldn't have happened on my old Sony DSR-570!
The AC on our film over torqued the tripod screw and the sleeve ripped right out of the base of the camera. Because the camera frame is titanium it couldn't be reseated and the whole frame needed to be replaced. $895.
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #64
Starway Pictures

"The Blackout" will be screened at Cannes on Thursday, May 14th at 5:30pm and on Sunday, May 17th at 1:30pm (both screenings in the Gray 4 screening room). Contact Michael Paszt at Cinemavault Releasing for more information at the Cannes Booth Riviera G5/H8 +33 (0)4 92 99 32 15.
Old May 4th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #65
Major Player

WOW!

Congrats Robert.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #66
Starway Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Richard View Post
WOW!

Congrats Robert.
Thanks John. It was a massive effort. But we got through it.
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #67
Major Player

Wow! CONGRATS!
Distro will be assured.
BTW - we just sold Bio-Dead. Thanks for your insights earlier.

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #68
Starway Pictures

All International rights, including Canada, have been sold to Cinemavault Releasing. We're hoping to nab a U.S. distributor there. Fingers crossed. Sony is hovering.

Very exciting.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders