Settings for ioHD and 24f? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old September 30th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #1
Trustee

Settings for ioHD and 24f?

Was hoping to find out what the setting's everyone is using for the ioHD and Canon's 24f settings. Is the process ingest, cinematools, edit? or is more difficult. Also has anyone noticed a huge difference between prores 422 and proress 422 HQ? Thanks!
Old September 30th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #2
Starway Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hiltgen View Post
Was hoping to find out what the setting's everyone is using for the ioHD and Canon's 24f settings. Is the process ingest, cinematools, edit? or is more difficult. Also has anyone noticed a huge difference between prores 422 and proress 422 HQ? Thanks!
I don't think AJA has any plans on supporting 24F with any of it's products. They claim it can't be done without an intelligent "guesser" like Cineform.

I haven't noticed a big difference between regular ProRes and HQ. But I didn't want to take any chances with our feature so we went full throttle.

We shot 24F and captured 60i, converted via Cinema Tools, and then edited on a 24P ProRes timeline.
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2007, 10:20 AM   #3
Major Player

I can't believe the IOHD Doesn't support 24F
So you have to shoot in 24>into the Aja IOHD?
sorry for the novice question
John
John Benton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders