Scetches of Spain - XL H1 / Letus XL in Almeria - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old February 19th, 2008, 02:34 AM   #16
Regular Crew

hi jonas,

I liked very much of your clips, especially the "shoes like no other", and I downloaded the 720p from vimeo. You really achieved the audience can link theirselves and feel what the models feel in your clip. congrats.

I watch again and again all of your clips and reason I liked shoes like no other is the music. is it made for this, or you get it somewhere, the group ? singer ?

thanks,
alkim.
Old February 19th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #17
Major Player

Thank you.

Music is made for all the clips at my showreel. I was a musician in a former life and put a lot of effort and money to get a good score!
Jonas Nyström, DoP :: HOT SHOT® SWEDEN :: www.hotshot.nu :: RED #1567, RED 18-50mm T3 :: XL A1, Letus Extreme :: XL H1, 20X & 6X lens (for sale) :: www.vimeo.com/nystrom
Jonas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 02:36 AM   #18
Major Player

A Red ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Nystrom View Post
Back from Spain, with lovely experience with XL H1 and Letus XL. A three days combined still and commercial production. I Used 50mm Nikkor for all shots. Marshall 7' for focus (no the Canon evf is still not good enough). Enclosed frame grabs and a picture of my setup for the production. I shot almost all clips handheld - but this setup is heavy. Some visible grain in light blue (heaven), but not to much (I will fix it in post). You have to have some NDs in your pocket if you are shooting daylight/sun. Letus is best at shutter 1/25-1/90. Will post clips any day...

I have ordered a RED, but still I'm quite impressed of this camera (which I will keep).
Hi Jonas
Great stuff on the vimeo - well done. You state "I have ordered a RED, but still I'm quite impressed of this camera (which I will keep)."

I am nw so please forgive the question - what is a RED ?
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 05:23 AM   #19
Major Player

Thanks Dave. RED is the revolution! Have a look at www.red.com ;-)
Jonas Nyström, DoP :: HOT SHOT® SWEDEN :: www.hotshot.nu :: RED #1567, RED 18-50mm T3 :: XL A1, Letus Extreme :: XL H1, 20X & 6X lens (for sale) :: www.vimeo.com/nystrom
Jonas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 02:41 AM   #20
Major Player

Hi Jonas
I did sime homework yesterday and found it, but thans for passing this my way.
Add this to the Rolls Royce I'll never own but what a piece of kit - superb.
Shame they dont do part exchange for an XH-H1 with less then 5 hours on it...
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders