XL-H1 & FS-C & Mini35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old November 16th, 2007, 10:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XL-H1 & FS-C & Mini35

I hope I am not repeating a question but I would like to know if anyone has had any problems using the XL-H1 with the FS-C, and or tape, with the P&S Technic Mini35 at any frame rates.

I would like to start with the H1 and an FS-C along with tape first in Standard Definition the progressing through HDV to controlled depth of field using the Mini 35. What I don't know is if there are any problems with interactions between the oscillating ground glass?

Using the FS-C along with tape would speed up our work flow and also provide an archival copy of the camera originals.

Oh by the way these forums really rock!!!!

Thanks for being here guys.

Grayson
Grayson L. Wideman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #2
New Boot

I recently purchased a FS-C 100GB model and have used it with a XH-G1, XL-H1 and a HV10 without any problems. I have been using it to capture very long clips and then transforming them with a 100X time compression for viewing cloud formation and development. My last project spanned 7.5 hours. This works great since you can do it without any tape in the camera and therefore very little wear and tear. Also you can download the video into your computer in about 1/9th the time it would take to capture the tape or edit directly from the FS-C using a 1394 cable.
Terry Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders