Wedding Slowmotion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old December 7th, 2007, 11:39 AM   #1
New Boot

Wedding Slowmotion

WEDDING SLOWMOTION WITH xlh1 and STEADYCAM HERE www.creazionivideo.net/wedding.mpeg
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Very nice, which stedicam you've used, good editing!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:18 PM   #3
New Boot

glidecam 4000 pro with smoothshooter,edited in final cut

www.creazionivideo.net
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:16 AM   #4
Major Player

Thank you, are you happy with your stedicam or would you get something else , which wide angle lens on it?
Old December 10th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #5
Major Player

Background Music

Hi Gian

Great choice of music for the background, it really sets it off well. How do you get a license - or pay for your license to add the music tracks you have chosen ? Do you buy an aannual MCPS license or do you pay a fee per track used and then per copy of DVD made?

Cheers
Dave
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 10:54 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Gosley View Post
How do you get a license
That's the first thing I noticed. I'd be interested in knowing how to get a license too. How much did it cost for each track?

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #7
Major Player

It was discussed on other forums, you do not really need a license, if it's a DVD for personal usage. Wedding falls in this category I think, there is no financial gain.
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan View Post
you do not really need a license, if it's a DVD for personal usage. Wedding falls in this category I think, there is no financial gain.
Personal usage? I'm confused. What is "Veddings"? That sounds a lot like "Weddings", as in the plural of wedding. Is this a personal site for someone that has been married multiple times, or is this a commercial site for wedding videos?

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 03:17 AM   #9
Major Player

No financial gain versus...

Hi Oleg
Agreeably, for no financial gain there possibly is a viable excuse to negate paying royalties. However, as I see it Gian has made this video for a client and is adertising that he makes video's for clients so it would be fair to assume he is not doing this on a free basis.

If he is doing this on a commercial basis - it automatically invokes a license scenario - and that is the message I get from his site.

Incidentally, I would also believe that in the event of bulk duplication - even on a free basis you would be looking at a licensing scenario.

I would also contend that the "slowmo" with glidecam - actually appears in certain clips to be a "quickermo" with glidecam or am I looking at the wrong film?
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:33 AM   #10
Major Player

I found the thread talking about this matter
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...usic+copyright

From what I understand, if the couple paid for the CD and ask videographer use it in their wedding film, it's OK if they use it later in privacy of their home screenings. If he uses it as to post on this or other site, it not OK, because he
promotes himself for possible financial gain. What if the post contains a link to a band name, Amazon shopping cart, etc, that is a cross promotion for the artist for artists financial gain?

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old December 14th, 2007, 06:58 AM   #11
Major Player

As I understand it

When choosing a music track for your product you in fact make a statement - in effect that you like that artists work so juch you want to enjoy it within your production.

Don't want to get heavily involved in semantics here as most know what they are doing when they are doing it. We can argue the toss for a year and still have differeing opinions at the end of it.

From what I see of his site and the way the work is put to use - I believe in this instance he needs one and possibly two things.
1. to license the music
2. To place credits for the music at the end of the production?
Old April 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
WEDDING SLOWMOTION WITH xlh1 and STEADYCAM HERE www.creazionivideo.net/wedding.mpeg
Gian Carlo,

I have seen your Wedding Slowmotion clip, it is fantastic, the colours are very sotthing to eyes! I have recently made one wedding party video, here is link if you want to see it: http://vimeo.com/771305

Kaushik
Kaushik Parmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #13
Major Player

Please keep in mind, copyright varies from country to country. from what I understand, the United Kingdom can purchase rights to a track for each video. the United States has no provisions, and if you use the copyright protected music, you are in violation of the law. I have no clue about Russia. I also could be wrong about all of this, but i did notice there are at least three different countries trying to discuss copyright issues in this thread.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders