DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Mini35c and XL H1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/110405-mini35c-xl-h1.html)

Jonas Nystrom December 17th, 2007 01:34 AM

Mini35c and XL H1

Sorry for a little bit of cross posting.

Q1; is it possible after firmware 1.0.4. to flip recorded image?

Q2; is it possible after firmware 1.0.4 to at least get reversed monitor signal?

Q3; is it possible to use second EVF connector, for extra monitor (type; Marshall)

Nick Hiltgen December 17th, 2007 12:26 PM

Hey jonas, I've been waiting for this thing for a while. they seem to keep pushing the U.S. release date on it. Is it out on your side of the atlantic yet? When I spoke to the P+S guys at cine expo they had said they were working on something to flip the image coming out of the hd-sdi port, maybe that's the delay? Sorry i don't have an answer to any of your questions, I think it would be great to be able to flip it on tape so we don't have to worry about doing it in post, I seriously doubt that canon will do it, unless maybe it's some firmware that maybe is included with the mini35c which again I really doubt.

Jonas Nystrom December 17th, 2007 02:50 PM

I think P&S are in big trouble with this product, if they can't persuade for example Canon to work with the "flip" image issue. As I know it's only JVC 200 who can flip the image. For myself I can see me spending ages in front of FCP rendering flip image - and than I have not mentioned all the time pointing the camera i wrong direction when shooting ;-).

I don't think they have released the adapter in Europe, and I think (as in the States) they are pushing the launch forward. Letus will come with a relay lens for the new Letus Extreme for XL H1 (according to Hien) - I think it is a lot better offer, both flip- and moneywise!

Carl Ny December 17th, 2007 11:49 PM

Should be easy for Canon to ad as a firmware update, maybe it will be for the next "XLH2" who knows.
I have the "last" of the Letus for H1 with relay. Really nice with the flip, but not so sturdy.
Looking forward to the new "Extreme relay version", like the regular Extreme
suppose to be in all aluminum and probably sturdier.

Nick Hiltgen December 18th, 2007 02:16 PM

Had a trial version of the letus that I wasn't happy with, I think he's come a long way and in the future it might definitely be a worthwhile purchase. If an xlh2 brings in updated firmware to flip the image everywhere not just in the viewfinder, then I'd be a happy camper. (even though I'd only have revision one)

OH and Jonas, I have to double check but I believe both evf ports are on at all times, so if there is something that can take the evf out and convert it to a monitor (don't know what that would be) then yes I believe you could do that.