DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon XL-H1 owners in Southern Michigan (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/111928-canon-xl-h1-owners-southern-michigan.html)

Jacques Mersereau January 8th, 2008 03:46 PM

Canon XL-H1 owners in Southern Michigan

Hey List,

I am an XL-H1 owner/operator located near Ann Arbor, Michigan. I am looking to network with other H1 owner/ops who might be available to provide their video services as part of XL-H1 multi camera shoots.
So, if you might be interested, post back here and let's get a Michigan-Ohio-Indiana and Illinois network going.

Benjamin Hill January 9th, 2008 01:00 PM

Go Hawkeyes

Hey Jacques,

Don't forget Iowa, we're still Big Ten!

I'm with the UI production group and we are using the XL-H1s and XH series. We might be out of your range for collaborating but still happy to touch base, please drop me a line.

Jacques Mersereau January 9th, 2008 02:44 PM

I haven't forgotten Iowa! Hawkeyes ROCK!

Jacques Mersereau January 23rd, 2008 03:15 PM

So, there are no XL-H1 owners in southern Michigan, northern Ohio or Indiana who want to collaborate or take job offers?

Marty Hudzik January 23rd, 2008 09:50 PM

I am close to Cleveland and would be interested if the right situation presented itself. It would be a bit of a haul but worth it for the right situations.

Jacques Mersereau January 26th, 2008 05:23 PM

Thanks Marty,

I guess I should have included the Canon A1 and G1 owners as both cameras should be able to shoot footage that looks close enough to the H1's output.

Anyone?

Nelson Maldonado February 5th, 2008 09:45 PM

Mr. Mersereau,

Excuse me for butting in since i don't own the H1. But I recently shot a multi camera event at U of M in SD and would like to shoot an up and coming event in canton, mi in HD. Does your department rent any of your H1's?

I'm still trying to decide on which camera to buy; XL-H1, HVX200P or XDCAM EX1 HD. Until then, i thought i'd just rent two for an up coming dance show.

Jacques Mersereau February 5th, 2008 09:53 PM

Actually, in the video studio I run on North Campus, we use three DVX100a cameras.
The XL-H1 is my personal camera. I am willing to rent, but I usually go with my baby. :)

Nelson Maldonado February 6th, 2008 12:00 AM

Quote: "I am willing to rent, but I usually go with my baby."

Fair enough. BTW, have you tried direct to disk recording via HD SDI output to a computer? Because if i go HD, thats what i plan to do.

Nelson Maldonado February 6th, 2008 06:25 PM

Jacques,

I'd like to talk with you, at your convenience, regarding your H1 rental.

I can be reached at 734 729 3363.

Nelson Maldonado February 13th, 2008 09:51 AM

Hello, are you still there or interested?

Jacques Mersereau February 15th, 2008 01:58 PM

I am still here, but the video studio I run is in full operation. We are in the middle of staging an original opera this week and am overwhelmed with work. I plan on having my partner contact you ASAP.

Thanks for your patience!

Philip Gioja February 15th, 2008 03:19 PM

Hi - I have an XH-A1 and live about an hour or so south of Chicago, IL. Let me know if you need me for anything - I'm willing to travel.

Nelson Maldonado February 15th, 2008 06:02 PM

Jacques,

great! glad to here your still there. I'll be looking forward to your or your partner's call. Assuming we can reach a deal, i'd like us to meet, with your camera, at my home studio prior to the up coming job.

regards,

Nelson Maldonado February 15th, 2008 06:23 PM

Mr. Gioja,

Are you talking to me or Jacques?

Either way, i'm looking for two H1's for the upcoming job.

However, I think the A1 has the same 20x lens, images quality, format, compression and tape as the H1 - does it not? If i can't find another H1 and the A1 shoots the same as the H1, i might consider using it.

Keep in mind that i'm just looking for a one day camera rental. The camera's used for the show will be on stationary tripods. One camera will be kept wide while keeping the performance framed and centered with very little movement. The other will pan the performers using mid shot framing.