Brand New XLH1 today at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old February 15th, 2008, 03:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Brand New XLH1 today

hi all,

I ve been thinking and searching a long time for an HD camera. and finally I decided to buy XLH1, today I got it, and joined the HD caravan.

in this weekend, I will be shooting Black and bearded vultures with my new XLH1. now I m digging the custom preset posts in the forum. I will try 20x stock, Canon EF 500 f/4 L and canon 100-400 L Is lens. and through the week I ll post the hd clips.

I want to thank you all DV info guys and people. I ve learnt great infos and extend my qualification from all of you.

thanks,

Alkim un
www.devbelgesel.com
Old February 15th, 2008, 08:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Enjoy ... it is a superb camera!
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes...enjoy...and please post some of your work...
Old February 16th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Yes if you're doing anything related to wildlife we'd love to see it here. Congrats,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 04:17 AM   #5
Regular Crew

for the past 2 years I ve been making wildlife docs in Turkey. I started my career with UNDP project, and I made my equipment decision at this site by digging into forums. that was end of 2005 and I bought canon xl2, 3x wide, EF adaptor, sony hc96, audio technica AT897, sony 960 high md recorder.I ve made 5 "target zero extinction" campaign films and one 30 minute documentary with this equipment. you can watch these 5 short wildlife films at my company web site called "FILMLER" lower right of the site: www.devbelgesel.com If I get a web space from dv info, I can also post my 30 min doc as well, and also I can explain how I did, scene by scene later on.

that time XLH1 was newly introduced and I couldn't decide to buy xlh1 instead of xl2. now two years later I bough it. too much search and technical knowledge prevent you to decide, I think best way is searching once and then buy whatever HD equipment you can, without waiting, then start to produce.. if I bought XLH1 that time I would have a lovely HD archieve of many animals and habitats. but it is not late, this year I have new projects and start to shoot everything with my new XLH1

So I will share everything as much as I can, since I ve learnt many valuable info about everything, this is because of the people who share their knowledge and films. I believe that the knowledge grows by sharing. so I feel indepted to dvinfo :)

thnks,
alkim.
Old February 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #6
Major Player

Alkim,

You are certainly correct about making decisions. There are so many options, choices and issues to be considered. But you are also wise to do research to find what will work the best for YOU.

Chris....it's a great testament to you and this website....that folks like Alkim utilize this wonderful resource for knowledge and experience. You should be proud...and I'm proud to be a member of DVInfo.net...to be able to search and share experiences with others in the industry !

BRAVO !

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders