Component cable outputs Black and White only at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old February 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM   #1
Tourist

Component cable outputs Black and White only

My DTC 1000 component cable is feeding into a Canopus ADVC-110 Bidirectional Media Converter - (spec's: Composite (RCA), Unbalanced Stereo Audio, Y/C Video, IEEE-1394 4-Pin and 6-Pin)
I am trying to use with a XH G1 with my MacBook Pro to play a live feed for a VJ program.
Even in Quicktime the image is only black and white . With a firewire it works in full color but with my Canon XH G1 component adapter it only outputs in B and W.
Is the problem the camera, the cable or something else? (The Canapus captures fine color with other component cable, like from a DVD player.) Should I use some other connector? Video2 terminal?; STV 290N stereo cable? S-video? Does a s-video adapter to the Canon exists?
Gary Brackett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders