XL H1 Used prices / New models at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old April 10th, 2008, 04:56 PM   #1
Trustee

XL H1 Used prices / New models

Hi guys.

I was just about to buy a used H1 in the UK for about the going price, literally in the next day or two.

I had kind of come to the conclusion that no upgrade was going to happen this year to this model....hhmmmm, now of course with 2 upgrades and a much lower price for the H1A I'm thinking I'll probably take a big hit on the used price over the coming couple of months when more secondhand H1 come to market and of course the new cost of the H1A has been decreased.

So just opening it up for some general discussion!?
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:58 AM   #2
Major Player

XL H1 still have SDI, GenLock and TimeCode, which the XL H1A doesn't.
Jonas Nyström, DoP :: HOT SHOT® SWEDEN :: www.hotshot.nu :: RED #1567, RED 18-50mm T3 :: XL A1, Letus Extreme :: XL H1, 20X & 6X lens (for sale) :: www.vimeo.com/nystrom
Jonas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 05:49 AM   #3
Trustee

Yeah of course. But there are many other improvements and of course the H1 will have been superseeded making it an older model of thus bringing the prices down and forcing more used cameras onto the market. Well thats the way it works with most things anyway.
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi,

Does anyone know of a confirmed UK price and stockist?

I was just about to buy an xh a1 but the h1a might tempt me to spend some more cash.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Trustee

Yeah it would be interesting to know !

I'm guessing a $6k camera in the US will be about £3.5k, maybe a touch more seeing as you can get a an H1 in the states for $7.5 and in the UK it costs the equivelent of more than $10K.
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders