About the XLs and HDV - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old May 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galvan View Post
What's interesting is I may actually sell and get the XL-H1S as I would like some of the new features ... I dunno, still thinking about it.
What features are intiguing enough to sell the H1 you have and take a loss getting the new one? Seriously....I am asking because I am curious.

Also....what happened with your EX1? Still got it?
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #17
Obstreperous Rex

Just say no to thread hijacking. Responses about the new H1S and H1A camcorders have been moved to the H1S and H1A questions and answers thread, located at http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=119038

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #18
Major Player

Iīm very pleased with the H1 as well. Iīve used it a lot this winter shooting extreme skiing and other stuff (commercials even)
I did a ski shoot from a helicopter and I had read that that was one of the worst scenarios for HDV (the vibrations from the heli was supposed to be too much for the HDV codec).

I played that footage back from my HV20 over HDMI to my 42" Panasonic and it looked stunning to say the least. (Blew my old man away when he saw it)

I couldnīt detect any problems with the HDV from that footage at least.

(I bought Steve Rosens 6* Wide and 16* manual for my H1 some months ago and have been very pleased with them. Thanks again Steve, I have put them to the test)
Joachim Hoge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders