XL H1 Viewfinder issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old July 8th, 2008, 09:10 PM   #1
Major Player

XL H1 Viewfinder issue

Okay...this is the first time I've run across this...

Had the camera outside shooting all day. Temp was about 85 degrees. After about 4 hours...(the camera has NOT been turned off and is running off an AB battery)....I suddenly looked at the viewfinder to set a shot.

the video had green halos running off the sides of all the images ! It was like an old tube camera...with the green gun out of alignment ! Totally freaking...I quickly played back my last shot...and the "green" was not present....

when I turned back to the camera....the green was gone ! HUH ? Is this a heat issue ?

Has anyone ever seen this before ?
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Kevin,
i saw that on my camera and it would do the same thing. Unfortunately, it started cutting off, then all of a sudden it didn't come on at all, and it happened during a shoot for BET during the 2008 Spring Bling. It turns out that it was a fuse blown within the components.
Old July 12th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Major Player

thank you....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders