XL-H1A cases - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old October 9th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lopez View Post
Please do if you have time.
Sorry about the delay.

Here you go!

I do like the bag. Things are snug but I can get everything i need to shoot in one bag. The side pouch holds all my cables in zip lock bags. The other pouch holds the rain cover and a few filters. the rest goes into the main body to the left of the camera in the divided areas.
Attached Thumbnails
XL-H1A cases-xl-h1a-baged.jpg   XL-H1A cases-bag-pouch.jpg  

Old October 9th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Thanks Josh that looks perfect!
Curtis Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #18
Regular Crew

So after a few trips with the Pelican 1510 I can honestly say it is great. It fits easily in the overhead bin of the airplane. I love that it has wheels because having to carry a tripod and another digital camera and small hd handheld camera it makes things easier. I am taking it on its first international trip soon but I do not expect any problems.

I had to pick and pluck the foam and now the pieces are not staying together easily. I might have to get some more foam soon. You can fit the whole camera in with two batteries and wireless mics in the case.
Daniel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #19
Major Player

I had the same issue about the foam. I remember reading though, that with a bit of spray adesive and a night to dry, the foam is much more sturdy.
Old November 28th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Good morning,

I have two cases that the xlh1 will fit well into.

I use the porta brace backpack, believe it is bp 502 or 302. It carries the camera set up and ready. I carry a 100- 400 zoom a 200mm macro, Lens adapters, filters, diopters, four 945 batteries, 910 battery mount for rear, Tapes, white card cables and there is room for more if one wants. It mostly sets on my back seat and is always ready to go. I doubt if it is carry on even if it is a back pack. If I wear it it has great shoulder straps and a support belt as well. You can also put a dolly on it for wheels.

I also use the porta brace that is made for the xl2. It holds the camera assembled and ready to go. It can carry battteries tapes and a few odds and ends. for regular use I never put things loose in the camera compartment (I will lose something for certain). But for traveling you can stuff quite a bit in it!! It will go on the airlines. this case has hard protection for the view finder!! If traveling by plane or vehicle when not shooting I think I would disconnect the fu1000 to be safe!!

I am totally satisfied with them.

I need a Lockable, waterproof, breathable hard case, suggestions???
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
Good morning,

I have two cases that the xlh1 will fit well into.

I use the porta brace backpack, believe it is bp 502 or 302. It carries the camera set up and ready. I carry a 100- 400 zoom a 200mm macro, Lens adapters, filters, diopters, four 945 batteries, 910 battery mount for rear, Tapes, white card cables and there is room for more if one wants. It mostly sets on my back seat and is always ready to go. I doubt if it is carry on even if it is a back pack. If I wear it it has great shoulder straps and a support belt as well. You can also put a dolly on it for wheels.

I also use the porta brace that is made for the xl2. It holds the camera assembled and ready to go. It can carry battteries tapes and a few odds and ends. for regular use I never put things loose in the camera compartment (I will lose something for certain). But for traveling you can stuff quite a bit in it!! It will go on the airlines. this case has hard protection for the view finder!! If traveling by plane or vehicle when not shooting I think I would disconnect the fu1000 to be safe!!

I am totally satisfied with them.

I need a Lockable, waterproof, breathable hard case, suggestions???
I just got back from shooting in Grenada, Nicaragua and the Pelican got bounced around alot and it was still fine. The foam is really taking a beating though from pulling the camera in and out. I think I will try to reinforce the foam with the suggestion above.
Daniel Lopez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders