what frame rate? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old March 11th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Major Player

what frame rate?

I have a Canon XH-a1 and I mainly do shorts with it using the 24F in HDV mode.

I've been asked by my boss, who's heard of my video hobby, to make a short promotional video for our company. He wants to make DVDs with the video and put it on line too.

I was thinking about shooting each parts twice. Once in HDV 30F for the net, and once in 60i. But I'm not we won't have time to shoot stuff twice.

Which format should I shoot in to be able to have the best DVD quality and put the stuff online too? I edit with Vegas
Thanks
Larry
Larry Secrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi Larry,

If you're going to shoot 30F to start with go ahead and shoot, edit and create your DVD using the 30F content. If you use VEGAS to render out an MPEG2 file that is DVD compliant DVDA will not rerender the file and you'll have a progressive DVD.

You could also shoot in 60i then render for the web in progressive and deliver a 60i DVD. I wouldn't shoot each scene twice.

Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Trustee

I agree with garrett, Just shoot what you think will have the look you're going for (frame or interlaced) you can recalibrate everything in post pretty easily. IN fact all of the stuff I shoot for corporate is 24f and prints out to DVD (and web) just fine.
Old March 14th, 2009, 06:11 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks, I'll shoot 60i so DVD will be easier to make, then render progressive for the web if needed,
Larry Secrest is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders