Canon Console Software 1.1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old March 30th, 2009, 09:16 AM   #1
Tourist

Canon Console Software 1.1

Has any one tried to load a camera preset using this software onto a Canon XLH1s?
Ted Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Sadly, Console is not compatible with the XL H1A, XL H1S, XH A1S or XH G1S.

That software is pretty much dead in the water, unfortunately.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #3
Trustee

...That's really too bad Chris :-( I thought this software was wonderful except it also lacked an HD resolution timelapse capability. I was *very* critical, however, of the extra retail price tag on this software. Canon Canada retails this software for $800.00 Can. When one pays over $12,000.00 Canadian Dollars for an XL H1, one does not wish to be told they must pay an additional $800.00 for a software which many here considered should have been included in the XL H1 boxed kit. I understand the console software retailed for considerably less in the US. To not make the console software compatible with the rest of the XL line is a head scratcher as far as I'm concerned.
Mark Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #4
Tourist

Since Console is out of the question is there an easy way to match XLH1 and XLH1s cameras on a multi camera shoot? The color scale for the XLH1 cameras go from 1-9 and the XLH1s scale goes from 1-36. I have tried to download presets and load them onto my XLH1s and they are always a little bit off from the same presets loaded onto an XLH1. Does anyone have an easy solution?
Ted Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

No guarantees, but try this: Canon XL vs. Canon XH Custom Preset adjustment scales by Chris Hurd

Written for XL H to XH but should apply to H1 vs. H1S as well.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2009, 02:32 PM   #6
Trustee

Forgive my questioning look, but we use Console (there is a update you download after buying the original disk) on XHA1 cameras with no problem. IMHO the Adobe OnLocation is a lot more useful, if you have access to it, although it doesn't do the preset programming that Console does. Otherwise we were not impressed with Console, particularly for the stunning price, but it does function with our cameras..../Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders