Loose EVF at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:04 AM   #1
New Boot

Loose EVF

Hi,

I've owned an XLH1 for 2 years now and despite the usual (servo zoom+focus) and the quality of the EVF, I really enjoy using it.

I've been doing a lot more run&gun recently and I've noticed the EVF is getting loose...

Not the side to side looseness because the locking ring isn't great but loose in an up and down direction where the EVF pivots.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do to remedy it?

Thanks, James

Last edited by James Thomson; April 23rd, 2009 at 05:05 AM. Reason: typo
James Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:06 AM   #2
Trustee

On my old xl2, I had the same issue. It was out of warranty and I figured I could rig something up myself. I started by cutting a thin piece of cardboard into a small ring shape that would fit between the pivoting viewfinder and the main viewfinder assembly. This added much need friction and held the unit in place....but maybe a little too firm.

This was obviously not going to last forever, so I was able to cut some black vinyl adhesive that you typically use for vinyl signs and graphics. This worked well and save me a bunch of money too...I guess. Good luck.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Marty,

I was thinking along these lines -athough kind of hoping to find there was a hidden friction adjuster somewhere!!

BTW please forgive my extremely late reply -I am in the process of moving home/office and have been without internet for 2+ weeks.
James Thomson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders