XL H1s Audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Tourist

XL H1s Audio

Does anyone have any idea how I can activate my 2nd XLR channel. I'm sure its in the system settings somewhere but I've been through the manual about 10 times and reset the camera once. Pretty useless have two inputs with only one working
Bill Gomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Trustee

I believe that all of the controls for the XLR inputs are under the door that opens toward the back of the camera on the left to expose the selectors for Front, XLR mic or XLR Line. Make sure the CH1/CH2 selector is set to CH1, that will allow separate inputs for CH1 and CH2. If it is on CH1-CH2 it will send the input from CH1 to both channels. That seems counter intuitive to me.

Then on the back make sure you select if it needs to be provide phantom power.

That's all I do to select to have audio input from two sources.

Garret
Garrett Low is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders