XL H1 serial number locations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 26th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #1
New Boot

XL H1 serial number locations

Hi guys,

I've recently had my camera stolen and need to give the serial number to the police.

There are a couple stickers on the outside of my original box that include various numbers. Could one of these numbers qualify?

Where are all of the locations of the number?

How many characters does the serial include, what will they be(letters or numbers) and what order are they in?

Also, if there is any other way I can get a hold of my serial number PLEASE let me know.

Thanks sooo much for all of your help.

John
John Kopicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #2
Major Player

Sorry about your loss.....on the white sticker with the barcode, the numbers running along the bottom of the code....there are three sets of ( )s...after the last ( ) there are 12 numbers...that is your serial number. The lens serial # is hand written on the warranty card but not listed on the box.

Hope that helps,

Jim Martin
FilmTools
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks a bunch, hopefully they'll catch the guy.
John Kopicko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders