Reset button on XL H1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:41 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Simon,thanks for the kind comment. I have not yet edited footage from the 7D and XL-H1 and nanoFlash into a presentation of any type, but will do so soon. I expect the results to be pleasing: however, as I have integrated footage from both when using the HDV output from the H1 and I thought it mixed together acceptably well.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:29 PM   #17
Major Player

Just bought a Nanoflash!

I was lucky and managed to get it secondhand from an EX3 user who was upgrading his camera equipment and sold all of his existing set-up piece by piece. I have been on the look out for a used Nano for a while (but they hardly ever seem to come up for sale, which means their owners hang on to them - a good sign!).
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 11:51 PM   #18
Major Player

Here are some pics of how I mount my Nano to my XLH1S.

I basically velcro it to piggyback my AB Dinoic 90s, which power both the camera and the Nano at the same time. And I have a AB Universal Mounting plate which I connect to the side of the XL back mount, which protects the Nano a little (andfits perfectly!)

And it balances the camera out very nicely to have the weight on your shoulder, versus it being slightly front heavy in its default configuration. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Reset button on XL H1-img_0548.jpg   Reset button on XL H1-img_0549.jpg  

Reset button on XL H1-img_0551.jpg   Reset button on XL H1-img_0552.jpg  

Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 07:51 AM   #19
Major Player

Thanks for that Michael - looks like a nice set up.

Still working out how I'm going to mount my Nanoflash. As I'm using the XLH1 I'm going to be having 3 cables (plus a XLR cable to power it). Still waiting for all the cables in the post (so the nano is sitting on my desk and no way to use it yet! I'll just adapt the standard plate to mount it I guess.

One thing - I always use an ENG style Portabrace CBA-XL2 cover on my camera, but I can't see anyway of using this with my Nanoflash (as the cover locks down the analogue out and HD/SDI & timecode out ports. Guess I'm going to have to start cutting up the cover - have any XL owners done something similar?
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Re: Reset button on XL H1

In response to Bjorn's problem (almost 2 years later in this thread) with the tapes not counting up to the full length, we also had that problem. It turned out for us that it was the heads that were somehow out of alignment. We sent the camera in for service on those and our problem was solved. I believe the service center replaced the heads on our XL-H1.
Marty Molloy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders