XL H1 25F and FCP X? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Major Player

XL H1 25F and FCP X?

Hi, I wonder if the Final Cut Pro X is able to capture the Canon XL H1 footage shot in 25F mode (PAL)?

Is already captured 25F files in Final Cut Studio 7 possible to load directly into FCP X or do I have to recapture the files?
Johan Forssblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: XL H1 25F and FCP X?

I don't think FCP X will capture from tape,

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Ron,
According to
Final Cut Pro X Supported Cameras
FCP X will work with "Canon XH A1, HDV / DV, Tape" and also "Final Cut Pro X is compatible with most MiniDV tape-based camcorders using DV and HDV formats, which use a FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.LINK) cable to transfer video."

I definitely think FCP X will work with XL H1 if it works with XH A1 but will it handle the special 25F or 24F formats?

Last edited by Johan Forssblad; July 7th, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
Johan Forssblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #4
Major Player

I stand corrected Johan, assuming that Apple have simply missed of the XLH1 (among lots of others) from their list of Canon supported cameras. No reason not to think that FCP X won't then handle 25F

Not exactly "attention to detail" on Apples' part. If they made planes and FCPX was a new one I wouldn't fly in it.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:51 AM   #5
Major Player

Thank you Ron,
Apple wouldn't be able to make planes. For instance, they lack fast response to fatal problems. I have a bad manufactured ATI XT1900 X graphics card which I bought four years ago for a lot of money with a Mac Pro. The GPU had design flaws which brought my (and many others) Mac Pro down with hard crashes. Apple didn't admit the problems until after three years! Now they write they will refund or exchange our cards. I'm still waiting for replacement/compensation since Dec 2010 despite a pile of communication with Apple ...

If they don't say "It works with 25F", I wouldn't trust it works. I hope somewhere here will try it before I handle a new bunch of money to Apple.
I'm also sitting here with a 6 month old Apple Mini Server which seems to lack the ability to take the summer heat. It crashes now and then. I have been a Mac fan since 1985 but I'm starting to get tired of their quality problems when they push out new products with built-in problems. Such problems have costed us a tremendous amount of time during the years. But that's another topic ...
Johan Forssblad is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders