DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Video Timer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/510071-video-timer.html)

Colin Brown August 18th, 2012 02:22 AM

Video Timer

I have a Canon XL H1 and use Avid Studio HD to edit my videos. I am currently working with an English Rugby Club taking videos of matches for training and development purposes. What I would like to add to the video is a small digital counter to show the elapsed time in each half. Does anyone know of an application that would work? I could always make a title that is 1 second long and embed this into the video but this would need 2400 titles (60 seconds x 40 minutes) so I am hoping there is an easier answer!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Colin Brown

Kevin Martorana August 22nd, 2012 09:38 AM

Re: Video Timer

I'm not that familiar with Avid Studio HD...

We use Avid Media Composer.

Look in your effects...and you might find a time code generator effect. You can make it any size..and start at any number. Put it on the track ABOVE your video....and there you go...instant counter.

Lee Mullen August 27th, 2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Brown (Post 1748961)
I have a Canon XL H1 and use Avid Studio HD to edit my videos. I am currently working with an English Rugby Club taking videos of matches for training and development purposes. What I would like to add to the video is a small digital counter to show the elapsed time in each half. Does anyone know of an application that would work? I could always make a title that is 1 second long and embed this into the video but this would need 2400 titles (60 seconds x 40 minutes) so I am hoping there is an easier answer!
Colin Brown

Widnes or St Helens?

Roger Van Duyn August 31st, 2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Brown (Post 1748961)
Colin Brown

Hey Colin.

A German programmer wrote such a program for Pinnacle Studio, Avid Liquid and Avid Media Composer. Maybe he's written one for Avid Studio too.

Here's the link to his wiki page: HlinkeWiki

I used the program for soccer in Avid Liquid two seasons ago. The display of the timer is customizable. I used it to match the display of the scoreboard.

Hope this helps.

Edited: He has. There's a version for Avid Studio there.

Roger