HDV 24F: what should I look for? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old September 15th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #1
Wrangler

HDV 24F: what should I look for?

What type of tests/things should I look for to test the 24 Frame mode?

I'm gonna do an eyeball test, try out some things with the XL H1 floor models, and then head over to B&H to see the FX1, but I don't work with HDV enough to know what to look for.
Old September 15th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Shoot a Putora chart if you can in both F and i modes - look for differences in resolution. Shoot something moving (like an overhead fan blade) with a fast shutter in the various modes.
A. J. deLange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2005, 12:57 AM   #3
Wrangler

Anyone know where I can pick up a resolution chart on short notice in New York City? Or at least point me to one on B&H Photo.
Old September 16th, 2005, 05:50 AM   #4
Major Player

ZGC carries the Putora chart. B&H doesn't list it on their website (or I can't find it if they do). ZGC is in Mountain Lakes, NJ which is about 25 mi west of Manhattan. If you are there for another day they would probably Fedex one to you overnight if you were willing to make a rather substantial sacrifice for the cause - these things ain't cheap as I recall. There ought to be one or more of these things around the floor- it's a video expo after all. NY being NY I am sure they are to be found somewhere within the 5 boroughs but I have no idea where.
A. J. deLange is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders