How did Kaku capture the 24F? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old December 20th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaku Ito
Sorry, I missed this thread. I've been busy with my real work.
I captured all of the XLH1 clips in all formats with beta version of LumiereHD provided by Frederic Haubrich. It was a special beta version that I believe, so you might have to ask Frederic for the specific questions.

It was XLH1 connected to Power Mac Dual G5 via firewire, LumiereHD to capture, and saved as m2t files. No conversion what so ever.
Must be a "special" beta version indeed, because I see no mention of H1 support anywhere on their website.
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #17
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow Elton
Must be a "special" beta version indeed, because I see no mention of H1 support anywhere on their website.
LumiereHD is working on HD100 support right now, but Frederic said XLH1 support is concurrently developing. We are guessing that Apple wouldn't spend so much time to update FCP5 until the Intel Mac comes out, so LumiereHD might the only way for awhile on mac to utalize HD100 and XLH1.
If you get serious about it, you should email Frederic.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 07:24 AM   #18
Trustee

I think I've already complained about it but the FCP update (5.0.4) allows for collection off P2 cards but doesn't appear to have a codec for the xl-H1! I love apple but that really stinks, hopefully Frederic will have a solution soon.
Old December 20th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #19
Trustee

Nick,
Not to be protective for Apple, but DVCPRO HD codec was already supported within QT and FCP5. They just had to add conversion scheme.
For XLH1 and HD100 they need more work so they might put together all of the effort on the new FCP for IntelMac.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #20
Major Player

They really need to get some support for the H1 out there right away because it's going to be a hot seller, despite the 9G's!

There will be a lot of upset FCP users out there if they can't even capture their own 24F and edit it. That's to say nothing about the fact that you have to use your H1 to actually capture it!
Old December 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM   #21
Major Player

Randy,

Any possible ETA for the Edius demo with H1 support? I'm holding off on testing the H1 until I know I can capture my 24F m2t's.
Old December 20th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #22
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hiltgen
I think I've already complained about it but the FCP update (5.0.4) allows for collection off P2 cards but doesn't appear to have a codec for the xl-H1! I love apple but that really stinks, hopefully Frederic will have a solution soon.
Frederic said the new Lumiere HD beta is capable of capturing the transport stream from the XLH1.

It can't demultiplex the stream yet.
Old December 20th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #23
Trustee

I tried to email frederic but it came back to me, but you're right hopefully the beta release will work.

Kaku, I hate admitting this but you're absolutely right dvcprohd has been supported for a long time, but well I expect apple to always do everything I want even before I realize that I want it, thus is the trouble with being a creative company.

Barrow, forgive me but what id demultiplexing?
Old December 20th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/demux.cfm

"Demuxing / demultiplexing basically means, when speaking of video formats, splitting the file that contains both audio and video data (and possible other data streams as well, like subtitles), into separate files, each containing one element of the original file.

Demuxing file doesn't weaken the video nor audio quality, it doesn't do anything for these data streams, it just simply saves them into separate files.

Opposite of demux is muxing, which basically joins the datastreams back together."

I think MPEG Streamclip can demultiplex the m2t files. This isn't really necessary just to watch 24F clips.
Old December 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #25
Trustee

Quote:
I tried to email frederic but it came back to me, but you're right hopefully the beta release will work.

Kaku, I hate admitting this but you're absolutely right dvcprohd has been supported for a long time, but well I expect apple to always do everything I want even before I realize that I want it, thus is the trouble with being a creative company.

True, true, I guess the timing is bad. Maybe we have to make noise. I'm sure Canon is very frustrated.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders