XL H1 transfer to film? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old December 24th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1
Tourist

XL H1 transfer to film?

I am about to start shooting a multi-camera documentary feature and the distributor really wants it to originate on HD. I have been through the process of going back to film with my last feature but that was shot on the DVX100. I have been reading alot about this Canon HD camera but I'm a little gun shy about diving in. Can someone weigh in on the pro/cons of shooting with the Sony HVR Z1U vs. the Canon XL H1? Do you stay away from all the 24F with the Canon (I know you definatley would not use the Sony Cinema mode), knowing you'll be going back to film or use it?
Also, it doesen't seem that the Canon HD has a companion deck yet? Is that true, if so, when will one be available? Also, is the Canon HD camera supported by FCP HD?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Don
Don Argott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #2
Major Player

For a documentary.
I would shoot with the Sony Z1U....no question!
It's just more portable then the XL-H1

- ShannonRawls.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders