I recieved my XL H1 - How to...??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 4th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #1
Major Player

I recieved my XL H1 - How to...???

I recieved my H1. We are going to shoot a commercial next week. We are going to use Mini35 with it with superspeed cinema lenses.

Now I have several questions. First of all, after I shoot 25F (I have European version) on tape, how can I transferr progressive image to my MAC? I mean how do I make sure I have progressive image, not intelaced.

Second question is: I have decklink HD pro. And I have a mobile track, I could drive my MAC anywhere, for field shots. So, I would love to be able to capture uncompressed HD SDI in 25F, so if any of you think can help me do that, I will have very good samples posted no later than end of the next week.

Help me here, and you will see what H1 can do when it uses cinema lenses (with mini35) and is capturing uncompressed HD in 25F, of course we will have some good lightning, cranes, steadycams and everything on set, that we plan to use. So, I think we all will see a professional shots, not just out of home hand held camera shots. We will also do some keying for special effect.

So, the only problem stays, I need to understand how to connect it to my MAC.

www.sarke.ge
----------------
Old January 4th, 2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Major Player

U can't (yet)

It's not possible to capture 25f in FCP for the time being. Wait for the update or shoot in 50i. Have also posted the question to Lumiere, not yet recieved any answers, if they in near future will supports Canons own codec.
Jonas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 03:09 AM   #3
Major Player

Just hook up a BNC cable from the SDI of the H1 to your Decklink SDI input.

Try the DVCPROHD 25p, 1080i capture option within FCP. It should see the signal. It will probably capture it as a 50i stream, but you shouldn't have to deal with pulldown. You can also try capturing uncompressed, but I recommend DVCPROHD for a manageable data rate.
Barlow Elton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders