XL H1 Hard Case at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XL H1 Hard Case

I received my XL H1 today and would like a hard case. What is everyone using? I'd like the Anvil but can't seem to get an answer from them or B&H on whether or not the H1 fits in the XL2 custom case. I had the Canon case with my XL1 and didn't care for it.

Thanks,

Vince
Vince Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:24 PM   #2
Major Player

I use a Pelican 1650 with pick&pluck foam.

Fits the camera, mattebox, batteries, charger, extra lenses too!

- ShannonRawls.com
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:40 PM   #3
Major Player

Pelican 1620 here with Pick n Pluck foam. I hated the foam at first, but I'm getting used to it. The width is JUST BARELY able to fit the camera in it with the lens and the adapter on the back of it with my wireless receiver. I mean...barely. Very little foam between the front and back. But the good thing is that it is very snug in the case. This also leaves you plenty of room for other things like a LCD monitor, batteries, charger, etc.

If 1650 is a little wider, it might be better.

By the way, I also ordered the waterproofed version and it comes with a great handle and wheels on it. Easy to move around...and still 1/2 the weight at least of a beta camera in it's case.

Kevin
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Trustee

Ditto, I use the large pelican cases. (A little duct tape on the edges will help keep the foam intact).

1. This setup allows me to seperate the camera and lens for transport, (should never ship/transport the camera with the lens attached -too risky).

2. Because of all the "fun" with transporting lots of equipment in todays security concious airports, I just fedex the locked pelican case to the location ahead of time. (I've actually witnessed my case being thrown onto the loading belt from the passenger window. Not a good thing to watch. But the cases hold up and the equipment arrives intact -unmolested).

Pete
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Major Player

Oh yes, for shipping I would also disconnect the lens. However, for local moving around, the less I have to do that the better, so I leave it on.

By the way, the pick n pluck stuff was a pain in the arse. I ended up glueing all the layers together so the top one wouldn't pull out when I took the camera out.

KW
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 03:15 PM   #6
Major Player

here is the anvil link. they have a 800 number:

http://www.anvilcase.com/Default.htm

greetings
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:05 PM   #7
Trustee

I used the 1650 case but I'm looking to replace the plucking foam with some thing more permanant.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:10 PM   #8
Wrangler

Nick, call Innerspace Cases at 818-767-3030--they custom foam Pelicans all the time.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:18 PM   #9
Trustee

Charles, awesome, will do. thanks.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:37 PM   #10
Major Player

Nick,
Ebay has replacement foam for $40 bucks. Not the pick & pluck stuff either. I mean one solid piece of foam. Upper and lower comes in the kit. You can custom cut your stuff with an xacto knife.

B&H has pick & pluck replacements for $45.

- ShannonRawls.com
Old January 23rd, 2006, 08:25 PM   #11
Trustee

Shannon thanks for the info, I'm curious about your upcoming ATL shoot, did any of those people work out for you?
Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:06 PM   #12
Major Player

Yes, I have hired some of your references. I will hit you up with the details on the phone.

- ShannonRawls.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders