HD field Monitor for H1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old February 11th, 2006, 07:54 AM   #1
Major Player

HD field Monitor for H1?

Ok, h1, when used with mini35 is a lot of a problem, since the grain is not visible on lower resolution. I mean, the dirt problem that appears visible with on my 23 inch apple monitor, is ablosutelly not visible on standart TV set, on SD. (and for sure is not visible with viefinder of the camera) So, I came to the point where I understand that without a good HD monitor I can not achieve a good quality with mini35. (while, when I have the camera mounted to the MAC and see the image on my HD monitor that I have in studio, I easily achieve a clear image with mini35)

So, can you help me with selecting a monitor, which I could use while shooting. It has to connect to the h1 somehow and be possible to work on batteries.

Any recommendations?

www.sarke.ge
----------------
Old February 11th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #2
Major Player

First question, what is your budget?
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #3
Trustee

Levan, interesting thing, I was going through the test footage I shot witht he mini 35 (the run dan run, and nick walking stuff) and to be honest on my 42" HD display i could see vertually NO grain. this was strange to me, because I could see it on my 23" apple display, when played back off the computer. This really doesn't answer your question I know but it's an interesting devlopment on using the camera with a mini 35. Now the darker footage was slightly grainy but I attribute most of that to the camera.

Also I just picked up the black and white CRT off ebay and I have to say for focusing it's about 2x better then the LCD that comes with the camera. Probably a little expensive for some but you should be able to find a used one for 700-900 bucks.

The monitor I used on set was an LMD 9050 which is a multi format 9" monitor that has the ability to be powered any battery with 4 pin xlr taps.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders